|Mascarpone Garden Pasta || ||
: Dinner, Pasta
: 5 mins
: 25 mins
: 30 mins
- 1lb hot Italian sausage (removed from the casings)
- 5 yellow onion (chopped)
- 5 red onion (chopped)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 12oz box Garden delight pasta (you can sub any other type of pasta you like)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1-2 bundles of fresh Asparagus
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start a large pot of water on the stove and salt the water. Bring the water to a boil to cook the pasta and asparagus.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Once heated add the sausage and cook for 5 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the sausage and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the wine to the pan to de glaze the pan and get any bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Let the wine cook off for 4 to 5 minutes.
- The pasta water should be boiling at this point. Add the pasta and the asparagus. Chop the asparagus into thirds and boil with the pasta for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and stir. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone cheese. Let the sauce cook on medium low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Taste test and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta and asparagus are cooked add straight from the pasta water to the sauce skillet and stir to combine.
- Add 1 to 2 ladles full of pasta water to help the sauce combine and stick to the pasta.
- Garnish the top with the parmesan cheese and the chopped basil.
- Plate and serve!
Recipe by Sweet Sins 2 Share at http://www.sweetsins2share.com/?p=1424